Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sleepy? You could be causing yourself some more serious health issues.

With all this talk about air traffic controllers falling asleep on the job, I though it would only be fitting to post something about sleep and how it affects your health. 

Here is a pretty serious article from WebMD.  Lack of sleep is compared to the abuse of alcohol as in how bad it is for you.  More than 7 hours of sleep a night seems to be the magic number in this article. 

And if you don't believe WebMD, here is one from Harvard Health.

In my very long life here on planet earth, I have learned that I sleep best if I have included rigorous exercise in my day.  Get a good workout in during the day and maybe you will sleep better and lose weight.  As these articles state, not getting enough sleep could cause weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment